Sunday, November 15, 2009

New calling

My family came to church with us today because I got a new calling. Primary President. I am really excited to work with the kids and all the Primary adults. I am worried because I have never done this before. I am hopeful because I know the Lord will bless me and my family.
We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We don't have any paid clergy, so members of the congregation do the work that keeps the church running. The Primary President is responsible for children 18 months to 12 years old. During the second and third hour of church, the children have class time, music time, etc.
I attended Primary as a child and I have a testimony of the positive influence it can have on a child. I learned about Jesus and came to know him as my Savior. I learned how to be like Him and to follow the commandments. I am grateful for the time I spent in Primary as a child and I hope I can help the kids in my ward feel the same way. I pray that God will lead me to be able to bless the children I serve and help them grow testimonies of their own.

2 comments:

S said...

Congrats Erin! You will be an amazing Primary President.

Wendy said...

You are so awesome---those kids are in good hands. And they are the bestest kids in the entire world. (And I'm not biased one bit. ;-) )