Thursday, October 15, 2009

Imaginations at play

Emma begs me on a regular basis to go to Imaginations at Play. It is a kids museum in our area that has tons to do and is relatively inexpensive. Today was Georgia's first visit since she learned to walk, so she really had a blast today. We met up with some friends to double the fun. Big girls playing in the sand.
G playing in the kitchen
G climbing in the music tree
E playing with Val at the water table
G trying to catch bubbles, I think this was her favorite part!
Unfortunately one of my rules was tested on this visit. When Emma was potty training she treated pull-ups like diapers so we couldn't use them. Which means we went on outings in panties. Every potty training parent's nightmare. So my rule was, if you have an accident we go home. To have fun you have to stay dry. Emma had an accident today. She hasn't had one in MONTHS so it really took me by surprise. She was playing and she looks at me in panic and says, "Mom, I had an accident." These days that means there is one drop of tinkle in her pants, but not today. I walk over and she is standing in huge puddle of tinkle! I was horrified. Of course when I told her this means we have to go home she through a world record tantrum. But I stuck to my rule and I was so proud of myself. Since then Emma has helped me remember to have her go potty when we arrive somewhere so she won't have to interrupt her fun to go potty and she even helps me remember to have to go again before we leave. Yea, mission accomplished.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

where is this place, I'd like to go.